Saturday, March 15, 2014

new work: mandala inspired glass mosaic table for benefit auction!


glass mosaic mandala table "Alice's Wonderland"

inspired by my recently completed mandala painting, i decided to do a mandala design, of course much simplified for a table renovation to be donated to Community Warehouse table and Chair Affair. my intention to use my beloved mother alice's fused glass scraps and beads for the mosaic, thus the title of the piece!

here's my table just posted on the community warehouse website along with other invited artists who take old tables and chairs and make them into a work of art, showing the before of my broken little wicker table. the community warehouse is a marvelous organization that donates home furnishings to the poor in portland. a great alternative place to donate what you no longer need that can be used by others.

their Chair affair takes place on april 5, 2014 in portland. you can bid on this table and bring it home if you can get to their event and auction! hooray for the lucky winner. this piece took hours and hours of work, and was certainly a labor of love. and i learned so much in the process and had some great people from all overe giving me advice including carol hegedus, carole choucair, lynn bridge, and my dear friends artist linda vogel and her fabulous husband, steve in the bay area! in addition to mama's precious glass, i used some favorite broken glass that i saved up. 

just so happy with the result, and a thank you to my mama for creating all these beautiful pieces!

here's the table in my living room

the little broken table before it's renaissance!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. May I post with a credit to my Pinterest site? Thank you. Miriam

linda dalal sawaya said...

thank you, miriam! that would be fine!