Wednesday, January 22, 2014

30 paintings in 30 days: baba on the couch: acrylic on canvas by linda dalal sawaya, photo by rima

i have been enjoying leslie saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge this month and have only posted a few of my paintings, as i am mostly working in oils, in which i need practice, so this has been a great way to do that, but not necessarily are they all great paintings.

i am more comfortable and adept in acrylics, and this portrait of baba ghannouj, my little yorkie mix was based on a photo my dear friend rima, visiting from lebanon took a few days ago is painted with acrylics on canvas in two sessions. even though baba has been with us for 5 years, this is my first portrait painting of him! what have i been waiting for?

probably for him to sit still...so this is based on a photo, which is wonderful and truly captures his spirit. what a doll!

thanks to my friend, rima for the great shot!

it is a small canvas 8 x 8" and is not for sale! of course i could sell prints if you love it as much as i do. email me if interested! love my baba!



No comments: